Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 3 cont...

I went to McDonald's here in Berlin. The quarter pounder IS called the Royale Burger! Vincent was right! Also, they do give you mayonaise with fries but they also give you ketchup, often in the same cup. All you have to do is mix them together and it's like Utah.

However, McDonald's meals cost like 10 bucks (with a small drink even) and inside of the place is a McCafé which is like a little Starbucks. There are two floors at McDonald's and it seems like a much nicer place than at home where it's basically the bottom of the barrel.

The keyboards here are a bit different. The most notable difference being that "z" and "y" are switched presumably because "y" is almost never found in a word whereas "z" frequently is. So I guess people didn't like exhausting their left pinky fingers and never using their right index.

Dunkin Donuts bares the subtext "American Bakery." Doesn't that fill you with pride? It does for me. Earlier I was watching Police Academy and The Man With The Golden Gun on German tv. The difference being that Steve Güttenberg is way funnier when you can't understand him and Roger Moore is less stuck up full of himself. (Can you tell I wrote Guttenberg with the ü just to take advantage of this keyboard having that?)

So now you know that since coming to Germany I've been to McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts and watched Police Academy. So you know I'm making the most of my time. Honestly, though, I've spent so much time on trains, walking, and feeling my head spin from exhaustion that it's not always so awful to just relax and do something unimportant.

Our hostel is right above a strip club and at night we can hear the music through the ground. It doesn't bother me. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices so that other peoples' lives can be enriched and made full. Bless you, strippers.

Tomorrow the embassy. Bright and early.

1 comment:

  1. Normally I would complain that you are in Germany eating American food but you can't get Dunkin Donuts in Utah and lets face it, its so good I would eat it for every meal.

    ReplyDelete